Career Opportunity: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Here at Jackson we are dynamic, innovative and focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting and varied projects. We want our people to succeed both in work and life and to support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
We are now on the lookout for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to support our Senior Quantity Surveyors in our Northern Region. The role will be working on interesting civil engineering schemes and projects can include highways, infrastructure, bridges, flood alleviation and general heavy civils. You will initially be working on a scheme in Rotherham.
You will mainly be responsible for assisting with the commercial function for construction projects. .
Main Duties of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor:
* Provide general assistance to Senior Quantity Surveyors
* Assist with preparing plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
* On-site measurement and measurement of drawings as required
* Assist with identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
* On-going cost analysis of maintenance and repair work
* Feasibility studies of clients requests
* Assist with preparation of estimates
* Assist with analysing sub-contractors quotations
* Assist with preparation and agreeing variation accounts
* Prepare and issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
* Assist with providing evidence for resolution of disputes
Must haves for the Assistant Quantity Surveyor:
* Highly organised individual
* Great negotiation skills
* Excellent verbal and written English.
* Be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving
* Ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment
* Handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role by possessing impressive numeracy skills.
* Must have experience of working in a civil engineering environment and undertaking the commercial function for active contracts.
Due to this being a regional based role, the successful candidate must be ok to travel and have a full UK driving license.
Excellent benefits package and personal development opportunities:
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a supportive, family atmosphere. We also offer:
* Life assurance cover (4x annual salary)
* Company car or car allowance
* Company pension scheme (we match up to 6%)
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (with an option of buying more holiday)
* Extensive training programmes
* Cycle-to-work scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Employee benefits platform
* Free on-site parking
* Company social calendar
* Regular fun days and a broad range of charity events
* A supportive business that genuinely wants to help you progress in your career.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments. Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Employment Type: Permanent