UK Job Description
Associate (Mid-Level) – Financial Regulatory
We have a rare opportunity for a mid-level associate to undertake a broad spread of work advising institutions across the financial services industry on their regulatory responsibilities.
Typical work includes providing non-contentious advice on the scope of the UK’s regulatory perimeter; the application of MiFID 2; the FCA and PRA’s rules and principles; the Market Abuse Regulation and Brexit related issues. In addition the team works closely with other parts of Reed Smith; liaises often with regulatory experts in other jurisdictions; advises on funds related matters and provides regulatory expertise on transactions involving regulated entities.
The successful candidate will be joining a thriving practice and will need a positive attitude with an interest in business development, and a desire to get involved with a broad range of matters.
The ideal candidate will require experience in financial regulation.
Reed Smith is a global law firm with more than 1,800 lawyers in 28 offices throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the United States.
Operating as one global partnership, we represent leading international businesses from FTSE 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises; advising clients on cross border transactions, international commercial disputes and regulation. We specialise in industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, energy and natural resources, entertainment and media, shipping and real estate.
We all share a common culture, with core values supporting the firm’s commitment to add value, achieve excellence, and promote professional development.
London is our largest office with approximately 700 people, including over 300 fee earners across the full range of commercial practice areas. Consistent with the firm’s strategy, the office has grown significantly over the past five years. Key to this growth has been our ability to successfully integrate new hires into our business and give them a platform to flourish. We place a huge significance on listening to our people and incorporating their ideas wherever possible.
Key Skills, Attributes and Experience
- A common law jurisdiction qualified lawyer with post qualification experience in financial regulation, with relevant experience in a well-regarded City firm
- Enthusiasm and a genuine interest in financial regulation
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills
- Self-confident, proactive, pragmatic approach to tasks and projects
- Highly enthusiastic and self-motivated
- The ability to interact and build relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- Desire to be proactively involved in business development and marketing
- Commitment to excellent client service
No search firms/agencies please.
Reed Smith’s success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, veteran’s status, or any characteristic protected by law. As a firm, we adhere to and promote equal employment opportunity for all.
Employment Type: Permanent