Business Development Manager
Metalwork and Cleaning Chemicals
Job ref: CST/42417
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Our client is a successful privately owned company with a pedigree of providing innovative chemical solutions since the 1950’s. The company has a long standing record of developing, producing and distributing process chemicals. They have specialist know-how in three key business areas: Metalworking and Cleaning, Pre-treatment and Paint Shop materials. The group has over 700 employees, which includes more than 80 in specialist R&D across 44 locations worldwide.
Reason for the role:
The UK subsidiary has a firm footprint in Paint Shop materials supplying most of the first tier and automotive OEMs. As part of its long-term growth strategy, the company wants to develop its presence in the UK markets for supplying ‘Metalwork and Cleaning’ chemicals; an area that is part of the Group’s strength in Europe. The vision is to initially develop the market for its Cleaning products and then follow this up with the more technical Cooling lubricants that also exists in its portfolio.
· Take on the role of UK expert for initially cleaning agents and then the cooling lubricants portfolio of products
· Development of a Business Plan to target potential customers for the Group’s cleaning chemical products focused primarily on the Metalworking industry and also bulk tanker/containers
· Review of previous enquiries and customer database for prospects
· Utilise own network and market knowledge, targeting customers and developing new business opportunities
· Represent the company at relevant exhibitions
· Work with Group colleagues on marketing literature and put in place activities for brand awareness of the Group’s cleaning and cooling products for UK industry
· Provide market intelligence and feedback on opportunities to the UK Managing Director
· Work with Group colleagues on a suitable pricing structure for UK customers
· Experience of selling cleaning chemicals to the UK Metalworking industry is essential
· Experience of selling cooling lubricants to the UK Metalworking industry is desirable
· Proven door opening, business development and networking capability
· Ability to close deals
· Good organizational and administration skills
The company has retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Istanbul, Lyon, Malmö, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS – PETROCHEMICALS – PACKAGING – CHEMICALS – ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: (phone number removed)
Exhibiting at: PlastIndia, NPE, PlastMilan, Compounding World, PDM, Kunststoffen, ScanPack, Fakuma
Employment Type: Permanent