One of our local authority clients are currently recruiting for a Business Support Officer (Schools Services). This is a temporary contract for 2 months with possible further extension based on budget and performance.
Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary
* Support Officers provide high level quality and comprehensive business support services across the Council and are able to follow standard operating procedures with limited supervision.
* Support Officers should actively champion continuous improvement and the implementation of automation and efficient ways of working.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for delivering to a high standard of business support to ensure effective operation of the services. Including but not limited to data entry and analysis, record keeping, customer care focused reception duties, panel, meeting and event support, and understanding service specific administrative tasks.
* Proactively develop skills, understanding and abilities in delivering support services in order to carry out standardised processes in a consistent and efficient manner
* Deal professionally and effectively with all contacts from a wide range of people, using tact and discretion, assessing needs and re-directing enquiries, where appropriate.
* To attend and provide administrative support to panel meetings formal minutes, taking notes and producing draft written records within agreed timescales.
* Deal with straightforward customer enquiries and follow through to resolution, ensuring all stakeholders are updated and the adequate audit trails are in place.
* Understand when and how to escalate issues to ensure requests are completed within a timely manner.
* Maintain up to date knowledge to ensure effective utilisation of IT systems used.
* Organise and prioritise allocated workload as appropriate, keeping team managers aware of demands which may impact on targets/deadlines and service standards.
* Inform opportunities to eliminate waste, stop non-value adding activities and maximise the potential of simplified and shared ways of working and automation.
* Carry out all accountabilities in compliance with the Council’s Policies and Procedures.
* Provide a front line face-to-face/telephone service to customers, making suitable referrals to other service areas where appropriate and resolving enquiries to a high standard, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
* Maintain accurate and effective communication with your line manager (to include the provision of reports and presentations) ensuring that they are regularly appraised of planned changes and developments.
* The range of outcomes we expect you to do are set out above, however this is not intended as a complete description of your job. We reserve the right to ask you to undertake any tasks that are consistent with the grade to ensure effective service delivery. This may include working in any other service areas, including the Customer Access, and /or vary hours of work, as may be reasonably required of you.
* Assist with the provision of an accessible customer care focused reception service, and when necessary, request assistance to manage the distress or difficult and challenging behaviour of callers.
* Identify any difficulties visitors/service users may have in making an enquiry or receiving information, in order that suitable and sufficient methods of communication can be provided.
* To work as part of a project team and to assist in the delivery and completion of work projects, supporting different work streams, ensuring the successful completion of the project.
The above is a brief overview of the role, details and specification will be provided should you be successful. If interested in this position, please send your CV to Jahker Miah at Coyle Personnel Ltd
Employment Type: Temporary