Early Years Teaching Assistant | Islington | Immediate Start
Are you an Early Years Teaching Assistant looking to gain some experience working with special educational needs?
I am working with an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ primary school in the Islington area, who are looking for a calm and caring Early Years Teaching Assistant to join their team as soon as possible. You will be supporting two students with additional needs within the classroom, whilst also remaining proactive enough to take on general teaching assistant duties. This role is highly suitable for someone with experience in working with nursery aged children and also SEND.
Expectations as a Early Years Teaching Assistant:
- Working with two children with additional needs, supporting them with their learning and development both inside and outside of the classroom
- Knowledge using the Early Years Framework and implementing this in your practice
- Suitable role for anyone considering a career in Early Years Education, Speech and Language Therapist or a fresh graduate who would like to gain some valuable experience
- Continuous CPD training for all Early Years Teaching Assistant, including: Phonics, Makaton, PECs, Colourful Semantics etc
- The ability to work in a highly supported staff team within a fantastic mainstream school
- Gain the opportunity to make a huge difference to the social and emotional development of SEN children as a Nursery Teaching Assistants
A successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience working with children of nursery age – Nursery nurse/assistant or Early years practitioners welcome!
- Excel at building relationships with both staff and students
- Proactive and positive mindset – Wants to make a difference to young children’s development and wellbeing
- Have a current enhanced DBS on the update service or willing to apply for a new one
- Can commit to a long term position (Can become a permanent role if successful)
- Long-term contracts are available for those who are looking for immediate work. We understand that pay is extremely important and it must be clear and simple! For that reason we have chosen to pay our staff via PAYE only. Quoted rates are gross pay and your pay will never involve employer’s NI deductions or admin fees
- Just as roles vary, so will the remuneration depending on the role requirements and your experience. You will often see these roles advertised as daily rates, please note that we pay PAYE only, please bear in mind that all school based work will be term time only
- Again, we are happy to help you with any rates queries, just ask us!
Interested in hearing more about Early Years Teaching Assistant?
If you want to hear more about Early Years Teaching Assistant opportunities, please get in touch! You can apply by response to this advert, uploading your CV to our website or by emailing your CV to .
If you are not contacted within 5 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role. However, we will keep your CV and you are welcome to contact us to discuss your SEND career development.
Parker Smith Inclusion is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We will help you with this.
By applying for this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you are consenting to Parker Smith Inclusion Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the new GDPR requirements
Employment Type: Permanent