Hunter Global are currently recruiting for an hourly paid Farm Assistant to support the farm management team to enable the smooth running of the Laying Farm based at our client’s site just North of Cambridge within their Breeder Division.
Vacancies Available –
* HG-MB-AGRI-90 – 40 Hours – North Cambridge
* HG-MB-AGRI-91 – 40 Hours – North Cambridge
Job Details –
* This is a permanent position for 40 basic hours per week, typically worked over 6 days, plus overtime. Hours of work: 07:30-16:00
* Applicants should have a flexible approach to work as some weekend hours and holiday cover may be required.
* The role will include the following duties: caring for poultry, ensuring a clean and tidy farm and any general farm duties necessary in maintaining good standards.
* Previous experience of working on a poultry farm would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
* To aid and support to farm management team to enable the smooth running of the Laying Farm, in order to produce the maximum number of high-quality hatching eggs, with high hatchability.
* To gain a full understanding of poultry.
* Contribute to that department/ add value by developing requisite skills in this area in line with company competency framework.
* To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc
* To provide assistance on a laying farm in the following jobs: Egg collecting including nest and floor eggs, grading, sanitising, site preparation and reassembly, unloading birds, taking bloods, drinker cleaning, general housekeeping i.e. grass cutting, weeding, cleaning and sweeping up. Bird weighing.
* To ensure that all Bio-security procedures are adhered to.
* To report any problems with the stock e.g. possible disease trouble to the farm management.
* To report any problems with farm equipment to the farm management.
* To report to the farm management any problems that may compromise Health and Safety resulting in a possible danger to themselves or others.
* To comply with all Health & Safety regulations, including COSHH and Risk Assessment documentation.
* To observe and follow the no smoking policy.
* Any other duties as required.
* To have no other involvement outside of the business with other bird species including domestic poultry and cage birds.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful, growing and leading company which provides opportunities for collaborative team-based working, learning, development and career advancement together with attractive, competitive and comprehensive remuneration packages.
If you believe that you have the relevant experience, expertise and knowledge for this position we would like to speak to you.
Hunter Global Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment / and employment business for the supply of temporary workers
Employment Type: Permanent