The Head of Enterprise Architecture will work closely with stakeholders, business representatives and subject matter experts to design technology systems and solutions that are aligned with the firm’s business strategy. They are primarily responsible for defining, maintaining and communicating the firm’s technology roadmap.
The candidate will be responsible for defining how solutions should be implemented for 1900 users in 20 offices (17 in the UK and 3 overseas US, India and Australia).
The role is cross-functional and the solutions designed are expected support the needs of all the firms groups/offices. Where appropriate the Head of Enterprise Architecture is expected to oversee the implementation of projects from a governance perspective.
• Defines the principles that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
• Oversees the implementation of a technical architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies.
• Develop and monitor architecture budgets.
• Develop business case justifications and cost benefit analysis for proposed areas of spending and initiatives. This includes the directing of research on potential technology solutions and, where applicable, the implementation to support new initiatives.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the firm’s business leaders, department heads, and end users to proactively assist in the direction for future projects and programmes of work.
• Leads analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture.
• Performs the necessary leadership, analysis and design of tasks related to the development of a solutions architecture.
• Analyses business drivers to determine corresponding change requirements.
• Designs and leads the implementation of an application and technology architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies.
• Defines principles to guide technology decisions for the business.
• Facilitates and leads the evaluation and selection of technology product standards, as well as the design of standard technology configurations.
• Defines transition steps and strategy from the current to the future technology architecture.
• Manage and oversee internal and external technology resources in the delivery of agreed solutions.
• Align services to support Global IT requirements and standards.
• Wide and extensive experience across network, applications, data and infrastructure domains.
• Strong knowledge of design and architectural patterns.
• Experience of software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development.
• Ability to stay current with emerging technological and architectural concepts and trends.
• Ability to dive into details as well as analyse from a high level view.
• Knowledge and experience of IT industry standards.
• Knowledge of IT governance and operations.
• TOGAF certification preferred.
• An experienced architect with broad technology and sector experience.
• Works well with others in the team and acts as a role model, setting high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development. Uses knowledge to support his or her own team and transfers skills in areas of expertise.
• Communicates effectively with users and team members alike, with a high degree of commitment to customer service. Communicates team goals with clarity, sets clear objectives for team members that are aligned to business plans, monitors and assesses performance, providing timely feedback and support as necessary.
• Develops and maintains strong, long term relationships with clients, ensuring needs are anticipated, expectations managed and feedback sought. Takes action to break down ‘silo barriers’, working across disciplines and functions.
• Demonstrates effective decision making, aligned to local and national plans, to satisfy a range of stakeholder needs and overcoming potential barriers, including deadlines and incompleteness of information.
• Demonstrates an ability to analyse and prioritise situations from an operational perspective, including the impact on business operations.
• Selects, analyses and presents information and effectively communicates results.
• Identifies new processes and simplifies practices to improve operational efficiency.
• Demonstrates a commitment to change, implementing and leading change projects within the team, where relevant.
• Promotes the firms values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary.
• Flexibility; the applicant must appreciate the occasional need for out of hours and weekend work as well as being in contact out of office hours to support this level of serviceability
Employment Type: Any