Java Developer x5
We are looking for five enthusiastic & motivated Java Engineers at all levels to join our rapidly growing team in South Oxfordshire.
You’ll have experience developing solutions using cutting edge Java & related technologies such as Spring & Hibernate either in commercial, personal projects or education. You will also have experience with other technologies such as Maven, JQuery, Bootstrap & RESTful APIs. You will be comfortable configuring and administering deployments to Linux environments, and you will have worked with cloud-based services such as AWS or Azure. Most importantly you are enthusiastic and hungry to learn. You pride yourself on well written, thoroughly tested & highly performing code. You want to use your skills & technologies to bring new solutions to market quickly.
At Junior level, you’ll have 1 – 2 years’ experience in some or all of the skills listed below, and be keen to develop your knowledge to the next level, supported and mentored by our senior team members
You will be joining the tech team in our South Oxfordshire office based on Milton Park. You will be working closely with our development team & CTO. You will also be working with our marketing, customer support & operations team. We are a close knit, friendly team looking for more great people to join us.
Our client is a small but fast-growing business based in South Oxfordshire, developing solutions for identity verification, enabling companies to verify individuals and other companies for regulatory compliance, to minimise fraud & reduce risk and to optimise business processes. We offer cloud-based solutions to our customers that aggregate real data and data from industry sources to provide the most comprehensive verification services in the market. Our customers span multiple industry sectors and we are building our team in preparation to expand globally.
- Work with the team to develop & enhance our core application and API services
- Support other members of the development team
- Propose and implement improvements to the NorthRow architecture
- Development of unit tests & code review
- Support & troubleshoot existing applications
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent Java skills
- Spring / Hibernate / JUnit
- REST APIs
- Cloud technologies
- Experience with Tomcat or other lightweight containers
- Basic knowledge of Linux administration
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Python is highly desirable
- Automation tools
Competitive salary dependent on experience
Employment Type: Any