Laboratory Technician (Chemistry/Materials) c£22.5
An experienced lab technician is urgently required to join a small team in within a chemicals/ materials to apply the appropriate scientific tests and procedures to any sample submitted for analysis and to produce accurate, valid results as requested/required by the initiator of the request/internal customer.
- Sample preparation: have a good understanding of the methodology used to conduct the sample analysis, the associated calculations, the expected result and the required accuracy and precision.
- Analysis of samples: follow laboratory procedures on various sample types, as submitted, in order to produce accurate, reproducible results.
- Analytical instrument operation: have a good understanding of the principles of operations of the instruments within job holder area of work.
- Calibration checks of the instrument to the reference
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified in Chemistry, Materials Engineering or comparable scientific field.
- Commercial experience of working in an industrial laboratory or plant site is essential and familiarity with the requirements of ISO 9001.
- Good IT and communication skills.
- Have a good technical understanding of the methodology used to conduct experiments, the associated calculations, the expected result and the required accuracy and precision
To Apply Please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, quoting reference
Employment Type: Any