SEMH Learning Support Assistant, Lanchester Durham:
Schools Mutual Services are seeking to recruit Learning Support Assistants to work in one of our partner Secondary Schools in Lanchester.
The role involves a lot of 1:1 support as well as small group work, mostly with young people struggling with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. These young learners often lack self-motivation and confidence to gain life skills and qualifications allowing them to reach their full potential. You will have to advise teaching staff on the needs of particular students.
For this, you must be comfortable in assisting the emotional and behavioural support of children; developing a mutually supportive relationship with teaching staff and you must get involved in collaborative planning with teaching staff to ensure the effective use of support. Therefore, a desire to work with young people presenting with challenging behaviour is essential.
* You must hold at least a Level 2 qualification
* Have experience working with children
* You must also hold a current update registered DBS (or be willing to undertake a DBS application)
* Give references covering a minimum of 2 years
* Hold the right to work within the UK
* You must also be willing to adapt to different routines daily.
* It would be beneficial to be able to demonstrate experience and confidence with working with learners with SEMH / SEN.
Benefits of working for Schools Mutual Services:
We view our candidates as valued education professionals, so when working in conjunction with us you will receive benefits such as:
* industry leading rates of pay with direct contracts through the Trust
* consistent permanent employment opportunities through our schools
* a guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
* inclusive training given by schools to help with professional development and alignment with current curriculum
* you will also have access to a HR consultant who will provide ongoing support.
* enhanced pension contributions
* An extensive health and wellbeing package, including 24/7 GP helpline.
Who we are:
Schools Mutual Services are a not-for-profit recruitment service set up specifically for the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust. Formed in 2020, we work side by side with the Trusts HR department to recruit permanent and temporary staff for positions within.
Schools Mutual Services are registered with APSCo who are the leading education safeguarding compliance body. Upon registration, a thorough interview procedure takes place where you are expected to give accurate information and explain any gaps of employment. For safeguarding procedures, we required your references to be satisfactory and for DBS purposes, any convictions declared
Employment Type: Contract