£18,851 per annum
37 hours (full time) per week, all year
1 x (Evening), core hours 1pm till 9pm with scope to negotiate these hours
Based in Lingfield, surrey
Young Epilepsy is the only UK charity dedicated to creating better lives for children and young people with epilepsy and related conditions and is based on a beautiful campus in Lingfield, Surrey, providing world-class services.
We have an opportunity for a skilled Maintenance Technician to join our Maintenance team. Working as a member of our multi-skilled trade team, and in conjunction with specialist contractors, you will provide a comprehensive planned and reactive building and engineering maintenance service, across our 65-acre campus. You will ensure all works are carried out in a timely and professional manner, and that all paperwork and records are kept up-to-date once a job is completed. This role will cover evenings until 9pm and may suit a parent with child care arrangements for a young family. Hours may be flexible for the right person
What we need from you
• a recognised trade qualification, or equivalent working experience
• proven experience in carrying out a range of reactive planned and improvement works
• customer service oriented
• working knowledge of Health & Safety issues including COSHH
• team player, flexibility and motivated
• good physical fitness, due to the nature and demands of the role.
• Generous annual leave.
• Paid overtime.
• Opportunities for career progression
• Occupational pension scheme.
• On-site accommodation available
• Subsidised dining room.
• Gym membership options (on and off-site).
• Perkbox, giving you access to nationwide discounts and benefits.
• Free parking on campus.
• Comprehensive training.
We are accessible by bus, by train via the East Grinstead branch of the Oxted Line and by car and offer free parking on our campus.
For further details of these and other vacancies, please visit our website.
Closing date: 24th March 2019
No agencies please.
If you do not hear anything within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
Young Epilepsy strives to employ people that reflect the community it serves; therefore, applications from minority groups and people with disabilities are particularly welcomed.
Young Epilepsy is the operating name of the National Centre for Young People with Epilepsy. Registered Charity No: 311877 (England and Wales).
Employment Type: Any