Role Description: Marketing Data
Industry: Consumer Goods, Retail, Marketing and Advertising
Employment Type: Full-time
About The Company:
Waldo is a contact lens brand that was built with the smart, modern daily lens wearer in mind. We sell premium daily contact lenses online, but for less than the big brands. We’re able to do this by delivering lenses directly to our consumers from our manufacturers, simplifying the notoriously complex distribution channels commonly associated with the industry. In short, we’ve made premium daily contact lenses affordable, flexible and easy on the eye.
Since launching in London in July 2017, we’ve been busy shipping our lenses to far and wide across the UK. More recently, as part of our mission to become a global multi-channel contact lens brand, last month we launched Waldo in Europe. As a result, we’re now shipping our blue boxes to over 20,000 subscribers around the world. With boundless energy and a lofty ambition, we’re showing no signs of slowing down so we’re on the lookout for employees with the spark, drive and enthusiasm to match our team energy.
Since securing seed funding and launching in July we’ve generated over 20,000 subscribers and are intent on accelerating our growth. We’re now looking for a Marketing Data Analyst who can thrive in a startup environment and be a key player in helping us achieve global success.
Take a look at our website
About The Role:
You will be responsible for customer analytics and monitoring business performance.
We’d like you to:
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret data sets relating to the Waldo business with a thorough understanding of CAC and LTV.
- Design and implement tools for ongoing data quality monitoring and alerting as we expand our infrastructure to support new geographies for both business and regulatory purposes.
- Prepare reports using business analytics reporting tools and have the confidence to present these back to the Waldo team at regular round-table discussions and external stakeholders.
- Turn data into a story and have a deep understanding of how that story translates to strategy
- Identify, evaluate and implement external services and tools for data validation, cleansing, analysis and visualisation.
- Produce and track key performance indicators
- Design and carry out surveys and analyse survey data
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualisations
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes
- Provide sector and competitor benchmarking
- Set up and maintain automated data processes
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in a mathematical discipline with strong experience in data & business analysis
- Minimum 2 years as a Data Analyst or related position with significant quantitative and analytical experience
- Experience with the Google Analytics Suite including Analytics, Optimize, Tag Manager and Data Studio.
- Working knowledge and experience of Python and SQL
- Strong data visualisation skills using either PowerBI, Tableau or Mode.
- Experience with digital and/or e-commerce data
- Experience with AWS or similar platforms
- Experience translating business analysis into consumer products strategy
- Strong project management skills, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the desire to bring structure to undefined processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; must be personable yet persistent
- Enthusiastic, creative, entrepreneurial, self-starter attitude
- High level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
What others say about us:
GQ: “Meet Waldo, the luxury eye contacts you need in your life”
Real Business: “Can Waldo do a Dollar Shave Club and dominate the contact lenses market?”
Business Insider: “The lenses are delivered to customers’ doors within 48 hours, in compact, chic and recyclable packaging.”
What we offer:
- The opportunity to create impact in a high growth startup, build your career and grow with us (the sky’s the limit here!)
- Competitive salary
- Generous vacation leave
- Meetups, happy-hours, co-working across London, gym benefits, discounts
- Being a small team, Waldo offers an agile and flexible working environment with little hierarchy and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Central London private office within a co-working space with other startups and companies
Employment Type: Permanent