Job Title: Paralegal
Length: 12 month FTC
Hours of work: 9.00am – 5.00pm (flexibility required)
Reports to: Property Partners
Pinsent Masons is an international law firm with a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in its deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which its clients operate. With over 1,500 lawyers operating from 24 locations throughout the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East, Pinsent Masons is well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines.
In recent years it has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. The firm has significant international credentials in the global energy, infrastructure, financial services and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. Services provided across these sectors include corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans, technology and tax advice.
Pinsent Masons stands out in particular for its innovative approach to service delivery, for example the firm operates a hub of freelance lawyers, called Vario. It has developed long-term service agreements, often referred to as ‘sole adviser’ relationships, with a number of blue-chip organisations. Pinsent Masons has also recently acquired a global Diversity and Inclusion consultancy, Brook Graham which further enhances the firm’s innovative and market leading offering.
Purpose of the role:
To manage transactions and assist Partners and fee earners in the Property team, including project coordination, file management, client liaison and general Paralegal duties. To maintain and manage documentation effectively and within agreed timescales. To integrate with the team, work closely with and provide a high level of service to the Partners and fee earners.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertaking property management transactions including licences, leases and other management documents as part of specific client teams.
- Assisting with due diligence, undertaking of conveyancing searches, preparing reports on title and drafting transaction documents.
- Completing Land Registry and Stamp Duty Land Tax registrations.
- Undertaking research.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- LPC preferred.
- Previous Paralegal experience in a property related role desirable.
- Experience of working in a large commercial law firm and understanding of the levels of service delivery required desirable.
- Previous experience of a document management system, relating to extranets and data site management.
- IT literate with a good knowledge and high degree of competency in the use of Microsoft Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with acute attention to detail
- Ability to achieve deadlines
- Professional appearance and manner
- Flexible and able to use own initiative and requiring limited guidance
- A motivated self-starter who is a good team player
Employment Type: Any