Location: Basildon, SS14 3EZ
Salary: Up to £50k, DOE
Employment Status: Permanent, Full time
Betafolio Limited is a turnkey discretionary model portfolio service for financial planning firms. Our vision is to offer low-cost evidence-based institutional level portfolios designed to capture the global market return over the long-term, while eliminating unnecessary costs, inefficiencies, and anxiety for firms and their clients.
The ideal candidate will have an ultra-analytical mind, super-alert BS detector, and communication prowess that makes David Attenborough look like an amateur! You may be an experienced analyst or portfolio manager with a working knowledge of evidence-based investing including asset allocation, rebalancing and factor investing.
Portfolio Manager – Responsibilities:
* Day to day management of discretionary model portfolios for financial advice firms, while working with advisors in a consultative and collaborative way.
* Oversight and governance on a range of discretionary model portfolios.
* Leading key investment research projects including extensive study of multi-asset funds, model portfolios and discretionary propositions in the market place.
* Conducting external research meetings with asset managers and product providers.
* Conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis of investment products.
* Management of Capital Gains Tax, cash buffer and rebalancing process for the portfolios.
* Attending and chairing investment committee meetings with financial planning firms.
* Writing articles and comprehensive reports on investment and financial planning.
* Contributing to relevant team projects and ongoing development of the firm.
Portfolio Manager – Skills:
* IMC qualified or equivalent, at the very minimum. CFA is an advantage.
* This is a CF30 (customer) function and the job holder will be FCA regulated.
* Working knowledge of evidence-based portfolio management practices.
* Experience of research software such FE Analytics, Morningstar AWS etc.
* Advanced Excel skills are essential. MATLAB and other programming languages are a plus.
* Up to £50,000 depending on experience, full-time, permanent contract
* Non-contributory pension scheme
* 20+ days holiday (plus public holidays)
* Cost of professional qualifications and memberships (CFA etc.)
* Parking at or near office
If you have the skills and experience, we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge please email your CV by clicking on the Apply Now Button
No Agencies please
Employment Type: Permanent