We are currently supporting a leading international provider of scientific and technical services, regulatory advice, sustainability services and training to industry in the fields of chemicals management and risk assessment. They provide registration/notification services and global regulatory compliance and chemicals management support for many clients in various market sectors around the globe. Their headquarters are in the UK, with offices in North America and Europe and have representation in Asia Pacific, Eurasia and South America.
The organisation is seeking a Principal Regulatory Consultant to lead their expanding business on global chemical-based regulations. This role may subsequently broaden into other areas, including Biocides, Medical Devices, and Health Care products. As a senior member of the scientific, technical, and regulatory Business Unit, you will provide leadership and guidance to achieve effective delivery of the regulatory services the organisation provides.
Working in close collaboration with other senior colleagues, the successful candidate will lead a team of international regulatory consultants to successfully deliver the financial objectives and to design and deploy growth strategies for the future.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the team of internationally based regulatory consultants engaged in global notification services (15- 20 staff)
- Work in close collaboration with the scientific consultancy team to ensure a seamless and effective delivery of service to clients
- Work in collaboration with the leadership team and key members of the Business Unit, design and deploy growth strategies to deliver performance in line with corporate aims and objectives
- Restructure the team as appropriate to enable efficient, high quality and effective delivery of services
- Ensure Project Management and Resource Allocation are continuously developed, nurtured, and effectively deployed throughout the team
- Work with the Financial Business Partner to ensure robust management of financial performance and cash flow forecasts of the Business Unit and associated Profit Centres
- Lead on advocacy and thought leadership to support and provide guidance to external stakeholders
Profile and Qualifications:
- Experience in successfully leading a team of international regulatory experts within industry or a consultancy.
- Strong working knowledge of global chemical supply chain regulations; (e.g., EU/UK REACH, GHS, BPR, TSCA, Medical Devices, etc.)
- Excellent and demonstrable leadership and management skills
- Robust experience in enterprise & resource planning and change management
- Strong commercial and financial acumen with P&L or budgetary responsibility
- Experience in advocacy and thought leadership
- Pension Scheme and Medical Benefits
- Generous holidays
- Professional Development
- Social Culture
- Flexible working
Employment Type: Permanent