Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor in Mayo on behalf of a leading public works contractor working on projects such as primary care centres, schools, public buildings and health centres.
The company is looking for a highly competent and skilled Quantity Surveyor in an office based role in Mayo to work as part of a highly skilled team working on public works contracts.
* Tender preparation and submission
* Reviewing quotations and tenders with line manager
* Obtaining sub-contractors and suppliers’ quotations Reviewing quotations and tenders with line manager
* Reviewing site progress and producing sub-contract orders
* Ensuring that contractual issues with suppliers and client are resolved in a timely manner
* Producing monthly valuations and final accounts for agreement with the client
* Managing and monitoring the status, and ensuring timely and complete payment of retention
* On-site inspections and contract management on a weekly basis
* Min 5 years Quantity Surveying experience with main contractor
* Site project management experience (preferred)
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* The ability to work confidently as an individual and as part of a team
* Demonstrate an aptitude for taking responsibility for delivering projects on time and to standard and to budget
* A team player, prepared to assist colleagues in other areas of the day to day running when the needs arise
* Quantity Surveying: 5 years (Required)
* Working with contractors: 5 years (Required)
* Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
JOB reference: JOB-30692
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here
Employment Type: Permanent