Full Time School Administration Job in Cheltenham
Do you have experience of working in school administration? Apply (by clicking the relevant button) after checking through all the related job information below.
Your new company
Hays Education work with schools throughout Gloucestershire supporting with the recruitment of staff, including administrators. We are currently looking for experienced school administrators who will be available for a new role. Your new role hours and duties can vary school to school, but generally a school administrator will be expected to cover the following duties:
* Act as first point of call for visitors and people calling into school
* Sign in visitors according to the schools safeguarding policy
* Support with attendance administration including making first day response calls Input registers and collate dinner numbers daily for the kitchen
* Handle petty cash Manage school money that comes through the office including before/ after school club fees; dinner money; trip money etc
* Handle incoming and outgoing post
* Type letters to be sent to parents
* Use school system to text parents
* Filing, scanning, photo copying
* Order stationary; manage school uniform stock We have a range of full and part time hours so will work with you to find a job to suit your circumstances.
What you’ll need to succeed
Prior experience of working with SIMS/ CMIS/ Arbour/ PASS or other bespoke school systems is essential for school administration roles. You will be highly organised and able to prioritise work in a busy office environment. You will be an excellent communicator, able to liaise well with colleagues, pupils, parents and representatives from outside agencies as required. You will need an enhanced DBS check – which we can carry out with you if you do not already currently have one.
What you’ll get in return
A dedicated Hays Consultant will support you through the application process, discussing your experience and needs to help secure the right role for you. They will remain a point of contact during placements to offer you additional support. You will enjoy competitive rates of pay, and accrue holiday allowance as you work.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Employment Type: Permanent