About the role
The Senior Design Manager hold a key role in Team Nexperia, responsible for leading the design team in developing cutting-edge IGBT/FRD power semiconductor products for use in EV/HEV, renewable energy, industrial and consumer applications.
What you will do
* Build a technology platform for high power device design and process development to meet customer requirement in a manufacturable and cost-effective way
* Managing diverse tasks from device design and simulation to testing and verification, as well as failure analysis
* Improve overall device performance for the existing products, in particular, device reliability and robustness
* Contribute to launching multiple products in a fast-paced technology leading power semiconductor company
* Create and maintain design and generation rules using controlled procedures
* Collaborate with multiple stakeholders throughout the business to deliver results on-time and to quality standards
* Publish papers in international peer reviewed journals and/or present research results/findings at international conferences
* Coach junior team member(s) in device design and process development
What you will need
* Hands-on experience in power device design and technology development
* In depth expertise in IGBT/FRD design for EV/HEV, renewable energy, industrial and consumer applications
* Experience in leading a power device development team
* Familiarity with TCAD process and device simulation
* Understanding of power device physics, fabrication and characterization principles
* Knowledge and experience in design for reliability and robustness of power devices
* Ability to address design and engineering challenges and to provide effective solutions
About the team
Nexperia UK employs almost 1,300 people across its sites in Manchester and Newport, South Wales. A mix of specialized manufacturing and business functions, the UK activities primarily focus on our Power MOSFET, GaN FET and IGBT product lines.
Talent acquisition based on Nexperia vacancies is not appreciated. Nexperia job adverts are Nexperia copyright © material and the word Nexperia® is a registered trademark.
Nexperia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Employment Type: Permanent