£60,000 – £80,000 / Architecture / Hammersmith / London / Progression / Public Sector
My client is currently seeking a Solutions Architect to lead the design and delivery of cutting-edge digital services for the UK Public sector using the latest open source technologies and working under an Agile and DevOps framework.
This is a great opportunity for a Solutions Architect to join an organisation at the forefront of digital technology who are continually tweaking approaches and ways of working, while also be provided with a platform to learn new tech, develop and progress your career quickly.
* Understand the strategic goals of the customer as an organisation and communicates them effectively to the team
* Make clear and consistent decisions that are key to projects. This includes but is not limited to technology choices, needs for resources and prioritisation of tasks.
* Challenges strategic decisions made by the customer when necessary using a forward-thinking approach
* Understand the budgets of the customer and the project itself and take into consideration when planning.
* Work closely with the project’s delivery manager to manage the technical team and handle communications with the customer
* Work closely with the customer’s technical authority and stakeholders, building rapport and managing their expectations
* Create high level technical and security designs which bridge the gap between the business and technology
* Lead the technical team in an Agile, fast-paced environment
* Conduct threat modelling workshops, organise game days with customer and team and document security management plans in order to mitigate cyber-attack risks
* Use analytical thinking and experience to help the team resolve potential issues on development and live environments
* Work with the CTO to ensure that the technology selected in projects is aligned with Zaizi’s technology strategy
* Own the technical solution and the technical risk
* Identify potential new commercial opportunities within the customer.
Essential Skills & Experience:
* Have a strong technical background with solid experience as either a software engineer around Java ecosystems or architecture engineer
* Can prioritise non-functional concerns for customers and has experience of incorporating these into the application design
* Proven experience designing and implementing micro-service oriented solutions.
* Proven experience on the design and implementation of services delivered within a cloud-based ecosystem, ideally using Amazon Web Services
* Proven Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments
* Excellent communicator (both written and spoken English)
* Problem solving and analytical skills
* Excellent Managerial skills
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered for this role you MUST be eligible for SC Clearance. This means that you will have been a resident in the UK for 5 or more years with no criminal record.
Drop your CV to – or give me a call on (I’m Adam!)
Employment Type: Permanent