Since its creation in 2009, FORTIL, an engineering consultancy now has 25 branch offices across Europe including UK, France, Switzerland, Belgium and Italy with more than 1000 employees. We have a common objective: grow and develop along with our teams.
Joining FORTIL UK means joining a team of business engineers and recruiters. Established for a year in the South West region, our expertise is in Transport, Energy and Life Sciences. These first years have been a success thanks to our consultants who are both technical experts and drivers of innovative ideas.
FORTIL UK guides start-ups and big groups and meet their needs by providing skilled and talented project teams and individual consultants. We deploy custom-made solutions to offer relevant advice and we put our know-hows and recruitment experiences to the service of our clients’ projects.
YOUR FIRST PROJECT AS A CONSULTANT
To strengthen our team of consultants, we are looking for a Systems Design Engineer (hydraulic). As soon as you are onboard, you will be supported by your FORTIL Manager. Your goals set will be covering all hydraulics topics (from Concept design, DFMEA’s, System specification, Development and Testing and Functional sign off).
YOUR DAILY ROLE AS A CONSULTANT
* Design and development of hydraulic components off aviation
* Sizing of hydraulic components
* Definition and validation of hydraulic systems
* Analyse and validate supplier data to identify issues
* Working across functional teams (design, development, procurement, build and test) to deliver viable design solutions
* Creation of system DFMEAs
* Driving optimisation through analysis
* Appreciation of test instrumentation and data analysis
* Supporting test teams with problem solving/concern resolution
* Tracking and planning of engineering, tooling and piece costs
* Support of production sourcing activities
You will have the opportunity to develop new technical skills on client lead projects but also play a role within your company by:
* Opening new accounts or new departments within the client you are working with / developing tools, processes and technical offers (business)
* Suggesting CVs (referral scheme) / conducting technical interviews / creating tests for candidates / developing partnerships with universities (recruitment)
* Building your own team of consultants (management)
* Giving advice as an expert and mentoring younger consultants / developing training programmes or graduate schemes / creating exercises or case studies for interns (mentoring)
YOUR ASSETS TO SUCCEED
Proven work experience as a Hydraulics Systems Engineer or similar role.
Up to date knowledge the behaviour of materials at high temperatures, component thermal protection, component temperature limits.
Familiarity with manufacturing processes – casting, machining, fabrication, forming, injection moulding, fibre reinforced composites.
Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field.
If you recognise yourself, apply and join the adventure. We will support you to build your career. FORTIL UK is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We therefore encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply
Employment Type: Permanent