United Kingdom – Hybrid working also offered
Summary of Role
The role will assist the Technical Accounting and Internal Controls Manager by preparing Technical Accounting Memos, performing the internal controls testing and answering technical accounting queries raised by the business. The individual will interact with cross functional teams across the UK.
Candidates will be self-motivated, ambitious and willing to identify improvements to our current processes. This role will suit somebody with a thorough and diligent work approach and an analytical focus.
Raytheon is an advocate of continuous improvement with the goal of training all its employees to Six Sigma specialist level. The person who is appointed in this role will use this training to streamline reporting and drive efficiencies.
• Support the Technical Accounting & Internal Controls Manager with technical accounting queries raised by the business and drafting technical accounting papers to support key judgements.
• Assist the accounting review of programme Estimates at Complete.
• Perform the Key Controls Testing and ensure that controls are working effectively.
• Support the Technical Accounting & Internal Controls Manager with SOX certifications as well as other controls related certifications across the organisation
• Analyse and prepare the Estimate at Completion (“EAC”) diagnostic quarterly and identify common drivers
• Act as the Raytheon UK contact for timesheet management; liaising with the US timesheet processing team to correct any issues in a timely manner.
• Involvement in Raytheon’s 6 Sigma projects to streamline reporting and drive efficiencies
• Significant project based work where required
• Microsoft Office suite experience with a focus on Excel
• Strong analytical qualifications (including Mathematics)
• Willingness to learn and develop
• Part qualified / qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA (or equivalent)
• US GAAP experience
• UK GAAP experience
Employment Type: Permanent