Resignation Letter Template
You have decided the right time has come to leave your job, it is not abnormal to feel lost for words as this is often a big decision to make. This can be an exciting, but also, a scary decision. It is important that you take some time to consider your decision. You have carefully reached a resolve and you decided it’s time to quit your job.
Although the reasons you want to resign are clear in your head, putting them in writing in a professional manner can be difficult to do.
In a different article, we looked at how to resign from your job. If you need some inspiration in writing a resignation letter, a written examples can be a great way to begin.
Here’s What You Should include
You may want to just keep it brief, however, there are some essential pieces of information you will need to include, such as :
- Your name
- The date
- The position you are resigning from
- Addressed to the appropriate person such as: your line manager, supervisor, manager etc.
- The date your resignation will take effect
- Your signature
The reasons for your resignation could vary greatly, hence, there’s really no one-size-fits all resignation letter. However, if you’re still struggling to put your points into words, here are some templates to help you resign the appropriate way:
If you prefer to keep it simple, choose from our resignation letter templates the most suitable one for you from below.
- To resign from your current job, try this:
- To resign from a job due to lack of opportunity for career progression as the main reason, try this:
- To resign from a new job, try this:
Resignation letter templates and guide.